Julius-K9 therapy dog harness was tested by the most important assistant dog training associations since 2003. The main part of its success is that it includes all of the Julius-K9 developments, which are the main features of all K9 harness:
- Adjustable chest strap with Velcro. It's safe and has a pressure distribution function for the maximum comfort of the dog. The heavy duty buckle under the chest allows free movement for forelegs even while the dog is working.
- Closable handle with Velcro. Helps to control lateral movements, ensures high control during more difficult exercises just like using public transportation.
- Side bags with Velcro. Their size is ideal for therapy work, and they are useful complements of communication, ensuring a safe holder for cellphones and GPS. There is a phosphorescent logo on the 110x30 mm Velcro surface of pocket's the front side. It's a common request of different organizations to use their own logo on the cover of the bag. Julius-K9 is ready to comply with it.
- All Time Light System. Thanks to this specialty the harness is also a safety vest, which has the usual reflecting effect (chest strap and edge) and it's glowing even in complete darkness (phosphorescent 'Julius-K9' logo)
- Inner side of the harness. This is also a Julius-K9 innovation with roots dating back to 1997. Under the water-repellent and scratch-resistant cover there is a breathable, pressure distribution foam layer with special fabric attachment. The inner liner, which has a direct contact to the dog's body is made of Öko-tex cotton. It's anti-allergen, dries quickly and easy to clean.
This product is probably the first therapy dog harness of the World for street use which was tested on official load test. During this procedure they tried to open the buckle under the chest and tear the sewed parts with a weight that is equal to multiplied weight of a dog.